Since its founding in 1951, the Department has been deeply dedicated to its missions of excellence. More than fifty years later, these commitments remain our core commitments. We assume national and international leadership in medical education, in basic and clinical research, and in providing state-of-the-art and innovative health care to the large population of patients we serve.
The Department is the largest and most complex unit in the School of Medicine and is composed of 10 divisions, 9 centers and multiple programs. We have a talented faculty of 840 full-time/voluntary members as well as 409 staff members engaged in academic activities. More of the Chair's message.